Saturday, January 21, 2012

Becoming His Masterwork

God has been working in my life this past few days as I face the challenge of teaching the children through an interpreter. It has been tough at times, but rewarding as I see them understanding what is being taught. But I first had to endure the challenges of teaching through an interpreter and use it as an opportunity to grow closer to God before I could see results as we learned yesterday in small group.
The kids in Tainan are really friendly and full of enthusiasm. I have been encouraged by the way they want to learn more about the Lord. I pray the He will give me enthusiasm and creativity as I continue to learn. We were invited to Tainan Assembly of God for lunch, where the children presented a song about the hidden hand of God in their lives as they faced difficulties; uncertainties. They told us how most of the children there have been through a lot of hardships. But we learned in class to welcome suffering so that we can grow in maturity through those situations. Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that all things works together for good to to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose."


Jordan Tan

blog comments powered by Disqus