Friday, February 5, 2016

No Fear in Love


"If we will only surrender ourselves utterly to the Lord, and will trust Him perfectly, we shall find our souls "mounting up with wings as eagles" to the "heavenly places" in Christ Jesus, where earthly annoyances or sorrows have no power to disturb us." - Hannah Whitall Smith

Though I've been serving CIs, for 5 times, I'm still so nervous and am afraid of experiencing the failures or facing difficulties. Before serving CIs, I pray for everything related to CI, from the teachers to the children. During the personal devotional time we had, I read “I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me” (Philippians 4:13).

I'm still serving God with a little bit fear, but yet God will "make you perfect, stablish, strengthen settle you" (1 Peter 5:10). Only by casting all your fears on Him, can God work in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him. I realize God will use His ways to use us to work for Him, and it doesn't matter if we do something wrong; I mean, if we did not do very well in our own eyes or the eyes of other's. So we don't need to be afraid regardless of being an interpreter or teaching the lessons.

The most impressive thing to me this year is the craft of the grape vine. “If we are unconnected with Jesus, then, we don't have life. As the leaf fell down from the vine (tree), it was dead.” I love this metaphor so much. It's so clear to understand and just so true! I always think that what I learn at the CI is more than what I teach the children during CIs. Walking in the word of God is quite difficult, we may fall down or be unable to trust Him. So we all are still learning and keep following Him.

I think the basic essence of everything is trust. How do we trust Him as well as the woman of Canaan whose daughter was grievously vexed with demons? And just remember, God is love. There is no fear in love!

Jacey Hsu

blog comments powered by Disqus