Saturday, January 23, 2016

I'm Weak, He's Strong!


This year is the first time for me to be a "Chinese mouth" (i.e. interpreter) in CI. I remember the first time that Tim asked me to be his interpreter for the VOICE retreat, I cried right in front of him! One reason is that my level of English is not that good. The other reason is that I was afraid of interpreting the wrong word in front of everybody and that they might laugh at me or worse - correct me on the spot. How awkward that would be!


This year, I was also very nervous when Tim asked me to be the "Chinese mouth", but I took the challenge. I guess he didn't give me any choice anyway, but still, I thank him for pushing me to grow. As someone once told me, it's good to be afraid of doing something. That way, you will trust God with all your heart, ask Him for help, and through that see how amazing God is! You will be able to experience His power and His love.


So, though I often feel afraid before I go up on stage, I have faith in God and give it all to Him. I sense His presence with me and know that I can't do this without Him. Yes, I still make mistakes on stage sometimes and have awkward moments when I forget words but I feel God's love through the kids, the teachers and Tim. Just as it says in 2 Corinthians 12:10 "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”.

Pictures in this post are courtesy of: Conway Liu

Katherine Shu

blog comments powered by Disqus