Monday, January 20, 2014

Why Me?

“I have taken you from the end of the earth and called You from its most distant place. I said to you, ‘You are my servant. I’ve chosen you; I haven’t rejected you. Don’t be afraid, because I am with you. Don’t be intimidated; I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will support you with my victorious right hand. ...Don’t be afraid; I will help you’.”

~Isaiah 41:9-10, 13b

When I was first asked to come back to Taiwan to help teach in the CI's this year, I was so excited. I saw God provide all the finances and open all the doors for me to come! I was so excited!!! I know I already said that, but I wanted to emphasize it a little bit more :-) Unfortunately, I got sick before I even arrived, and was sick for the entire first conference, which wasn't what I had planned at all. I came to Taiwan to help serve and teach… then I ended up having to stay in bed for a couple of days feeling miserable. (The jet lag didn't help at all) I felt like such a failure, a burden, and a let down. I was at a loss as to why I was here. I still don't know why the Lord let it happen. Perhaps it was just a lesson for me to let people take care of me for awhile, and that is hard for me to do. To say the least, it was quite humbling. While I was resting and trying to get better I received A TON of texts/messages, emails, and videos from my family and friends encouraging me and pointing my heart back to God and the bigger picture! His plan. This has definitely been another point in my life where I am learning to surrender all to His will and plan.

“Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”  ~Isaiah 40: 30,31

I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here and I am looking forward to seeing how God will use this trip to work in the lives of people here in Taiwan, on this team and in my own life! Praise the Lord I am on the mend from being so sick, and as I continue to get better, please pray that God keeps everyone else on the trip in good health. Also, please continue to pray for wisdom and creativity while teaching and sharing Christ's love with the children this week while we are teaching in Taipei.

Lillie Elliott

blog comments powered by Disqus