Sunday, January 19, 2014

To Plan Or Not To Plan...

Having completed the CI here in Taichung, it is fascinating to look back over the last few days and see the things that God has done. It has been a stressful conference for me this past week, because I am a person who likes to prepare everything in advance. Unfortunately, with this being the first conference for the year, everything was a bit crazy, so there were many things that were initially overlooked. We had crafts that weren't prepared, lesson plans that weren't perfected, and some kids who weren't exactly angels:)

However, through all these struggles, God taught me a major lesson this week. It is the lesson of trust. In each moment when I didn't feel prepared or was frustrated with the way things were going, God was preparing my heart to understand His plan better. There were many times when I felt like everything was going wrong, and I didn't know how I would keep going. But then I read this verse in Isaiah 40:29, "He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength." This verse gave me hope that God is always by my side. He knows me better than I know myself, and he is powerful enough to solve any problems that come my way.

Now that we have one week under our belt, please be praying for each of us teachers, that God will take the lessons that we have learned this week and continue to build on them in the coming weeks. We are excited about the upcoming weeks, but we need God's grace to continue.


Joyce Hsu

blog comments powered by Disqus