Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Genuine love

Lately I have been studying how to have genuine love. I have been meditating on 1 Corinthians 13. I asked God to give me chances to show genuine love. When you ask God something like that He gives you LOTS of chances. I did not realize how many times in a day I have the opportunity to show His love and I fail. A verse in 1 Corinthians 13 says, “Love is suffers long and is kind.” I always think I can suffer long…But can I be kind while I am suffering? In Taipei I had two active little boys. They were so cute and it was really easy to love them when they were being good. But when they wouldn’t listen it was hard to love them. Today we left Taipei. It is hard to move to a new city and get new kids. You have to learn how to love a whole new set if kids. By the end of each CI you know how to love your kids. But every week we move to a new city and get new kids. It is difficult showing love to so many different children. I am praying that God will fill me with His love, which never runs out.

Grace Lukachick

blog comments powered by Disqus