Friday, January 29, 2010

Saying Goodbye to CI

As I sat in large group today amongst the hyperactive little boys in my group, it hit me like a (due to lack of a better word) train. This Taipei CI of 2010, would truly be my last. Sitting here now, I sip on unhealthy instant noodles, but before my eyes, the handful of precious memories and experiences begin to play like an old black and white movie. =)

Serving at CI has been quite the exceptional experience. Each seminar I meet new people; children and adults alike, I learn new things; about God and in actual training alike. But when it all boils down, I felt that the biggest lesson I've learned through all these CIs is that the privilege of serving God is a rare, fruitful, and exceptional experience. In the past, serving has often times felt more burdensome than enjoyable, but the CI has continuously proved me wrong in that serving God is a blessing that not many have the chance to do.

Today I looked at Oliver, Hannah and Irene, and wondered why was it that amongst the 50+ classmates in my grade God gave us 4 the chance to serve Him? I'm sure God has His plans in all this but I'm just so thankful that I've been chosen by God, to do His work and to tell children about the Good News.

As the Taipei seminar ends in 2 days, so will my days as a CI-interpreter. If I've made this blog post overly nostalgic or depressing, I apologize. =P but while it does sadden me to think that I may never serve at CI again, I also thank God for ever giving me the very opportunity to work for Him. Why He chose me, an ordinary boy living in Taiwan, to serve Him, I have yet to fully find out, but I must say that serving God has been one of the most joyful and enjoyable experiences of my life.




Daniel Cheng

blog comments powered by Disqus