Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Impacting Hsinchu

It was definitely a first -- the dirtiest I have ever been while in Taiwan! I guess we should’ve thought about it a bit more before we jumped onto the go-carts. I guess we should’ve realized that dust that layered the off-road track would inevitably be blown in our faces. We should’ve also considered that we would be going out for dinner in public afterwards, but it seems all reason left us as the adrenaline kicked in and we jumped onto the roaring contraptions and sped off at incredible speeds.


The competition was fierce, grime flew and tires spun. There is something totally novel and picturesque about finding an obscure go-cart track tucked away in a small mountain town, and I think it’s safe to say that all involved walked away refreshed and invigorated from the experience.


The same rush of energy that came from spontaneously deciding to laugh in the face of danger a couple of days ago returned to us last night as the children arrived for the first night of the Hsinchu seminar. I felt a bit unprepared, but plunged ahead anyway. I was encouraged by Luke 12:11-12 “and when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say: for the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.”

It’s amazing to be here in Hsinchu! It’s also overwhelming to look around and see so many who are lost and to desire for Christ to reach all of them. I’ve come to realize that this seminar may be the only chance I’ll ever have to impact Hsinchu. These children are the next generation, and I’m hoping to take the small window of time that I have with them to introduce them to Our Great God. Remember to pray for our team! The battle is only just beginning, but we know Who will have the victory!

Until next time,

Charity Sanders

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you Char!

VDOprincess said...

Hey charity--I'm thinking of you as you're over there! Drink plenty of milk tea; I'm sure it's good for your skin. Or something.
~L