Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Rewards of Teaching


Today was a bit of a culture shock for me. In the morning we took a ferry to Cijin, a port city on a little island off of Kaohsiung. It was there where I tasted the most unique Taiwanese food yet. It was all very enjoyable! I like trying new things, although it almost seems that I am trying some new delicacy every single day here in Taiwan.

We had our devotions on the gorgeous black sand beach. During our devotion time, we talked about believing in God. We then thought of word pictures that would describe belief and drew murals in the sand depicting those word pictures.

I have learned a lot these last two weeks. This is my first time teaching children so it has been challenging at times. But it is so rewarding seeing the children who really grasp onto the aspects of God's love that we have been teaching them.

Teaching the children has been a blast. I have had an awesome time working with the other CI teachers. I am so grateful that the Lord led me here to teach on the CI team.


Jake Carriger

blog comments powered by Disqus