Sunday, January 31, 2016

Hope in the Lord


"Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen you heart, all you who hope in the Lord." Psalm 31:24

God is so good to keep His promises. The truth in this verse has become very real to me during this past week. There have been many moments when I was discouraged and felt that I could not keep going. But as I chose to hope in the Lord, He was faithful to strengthen my heart.

I love how God is not limited in any way. He can use anything to speak to me and encourage me. A devotional on the Antichrist, a song, spending time at the beach, answered prayer, just the right verse at just the right time, talking to Him as I gaze at the city below and the twinkling lights in the dark night.

Just today I was refreshed and strengthened by my Father in so many ways. My favourites were singing to the Lord with the rest of the team here and watching a beautiful sunset. I don't know how to put into words all the faithfulness of God that I've been experiencing, but I pray this encourages you to continue hoping in the Lord. He shall strengthen your heart!

Mary Morrison

blog comments powered by Disqus