Monday, February 3, 2014

Submission

Having a blast at the night market!

Although the trip has been busy and stressful for me, it's also been a huge blessing! I'm so happy that God has been able to work through me and influence the lives of so many kids. One of my favorite memories occurred during the Taipei seminar. There was a boy on my team who always kept quiet and didn't like to participate much. So I was constantly praying that he would be getting something out of the lessons. As the days went on, he slowly started to open up. It was awesome to find out that he spoke English really well! After that, bonding with him became so much easier. It's amazing knowing that God's truth affects even the little ones. The evident change in his life was a huge encouragement to me! It's always incredible to see God work right before my own eyes! So I ask that you pray for him, that he might continue his spiritual growth in the Lord :)

Also, God has been teaching me so much on this trip! One of the biggest things I've been learning is to submit to Him in everything. Which honestly, has been very hard recently. Proverbs 3:5-6 says,

"Trust in The Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."

This reminds me I have to have confidence and faith that he knows exactly what he's doing, even though I can't see how things are going to end up. Blind faith is a difficult thing for me, but God promises blessings to those who remain steadfast under trial (James 1:12).

Although the last few weeks have been hard, I've been trying to take every opportunity to submit to Christ, even in the hardest areas. Please pray for all the teachers and interpreters, that we would continue to submit our will and our desires to Christ.


Anna Hodges

0 comments: