Friday, January 24, 2014

Are You Thankful?

What a special privilege it is to spend a month focusing on the blessings of God! The stories, songs, and lessons we are teaching are all centered around this life changing truth: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places…" ~Ephesians 1:3

Some of the blessings in my life

As I have prepared to teach each lesson, I have been personally challenged to be more mindful and aware of the blessings of God in my life. In the day-to-day busyness of life and in the confusion of discouragement, I am often quick to lose sight of my Father's countless blessings. The time I have spent here in Taiwan has opened my eyes to see God's blessings all around me. It is incredibly special to no longer notice good things, but rather to notice blessings for which I can say "Thank you, Father!"

Don't we all just love skits?

In addition to recognizing physical blessings like the children at each conference, the 2014 CI ministry team, the beautiful weather, and the new adventures and opportunities, I have a renewed joy in recognizing spiritual blessings. The Bible is full of truth that reveals God's blessings. One that I have been meditating on this week is Psalm 91:14-16 "Because I hold fast to the Lord in love, He will deliver me; He will protect me, because I know His name. When I call to Him, He will answer me; He will be with me in trouble; He will rescue me and honor me. With long life He will satisfy me and show me His salvation."

Thank you for your continued prayer support for our team. Today, if you can pray that we will each grow in our relationship with Christ as we learn to see His blessings and to thank Him for them. May our lives be testimonies of His love and truth.

Bethany Bergeron

blog comments powered by Disqus