Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Rejoicing In The Lord

“I will praise Thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will show forth all Thy marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in Thee…” (Ps. 9:1-2a)

Today was our last day in Hong Kong, and I am rejoicing in how the Lord has been working on this trip. We’re all exhausted and several on the team are sick, but we serve an amazing God who has shown Himself strong in our weakness, and I’ve been encouraged by His faithfulness.

Our time in Hong Kong was awesome! It was great to see the Lord working in the hearts of the kids, and encouraging when several prayed to get saved. Our short time there was a wonderful opportunity to practice patience with out overly energetic kids :-) but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. The kids are so cute and they always make me smile. I have many sweet memories of Hong Kong: my adorable little five year old who didn’t want to let go of me and loved to sit in my lap… how much my kids were amused when I attempted to sing the songs in Cantonese… when my sweet adopted little sister Katie ate a chicken head, brains and all :-) But like every place we’ve been, I absolutely loved all my kids, and it was so sad to have to say goodbye today.

After the CI ended today, we did some quick, last minute packing, and then rushed off to the airport to fly back to Taiwan. We start off the next seminar in Hsinchu right away tomorrow evening. I am excited that we get to teach another CI, but we are all so sad that we only have a few days left.

Please pray for all of us, that God would strengthen and heal us, so that we can finish this trip strong, and pray that God would continue His marvelous work in Hsinchu

Karissa Carlson

blog comments powered by Disqus