Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Chinese New Years/Valentines Day!

So today started off like any normal day... that is until we went into the common room and found something rather uncommon... DONUTS! Which in the slight chance you wanted to know, were really good. Then we went to the English service of Friendship Presbyterian Church, where Peter and Yvonne joined us for the day. Which was totally awesome. Also It was rather cool listening to the music sung in English instead of Chinese, though I actually kinda missed hearing it in Chinese. Then we went to lunch at this Beef Noodle soup kinda place (I apoligize for not knowing what it was called). Then later that afternoon we took the MRT all the way to the end to this awesome market place thing. It was pretty crowded because of Chinese New Year, but it was still a lot of fun and really noisy with all the people yelling out special deals... or at least that's what I think they were yelling out, I couldn't really understand it. Oh, and the fireworks definitely added to the noise, but it added to the awesomeness of it. :-) Oh, and luckily for me there was a McDonalds. :-) Haha. Okay, so I only had an icecream, but to get that ice cream I had to eat stinky Tofu. So it was kinda worth it... Okay, so it wasn't, but still I got icecream. :-) Haha.

Then that night since my brothers birthday was the next day, I made a Birthday banner and got everyone to help color it or to write some notes on it. So late that night after we had finished the banner, a few of us snuck out and decorated the hall outside his door with a bunch of balloons and his Birthday Banner. It was a lot of fun doing it, and surprisingly enough even with all the noise we made, he hadn't the slightest clue of what was going on. :-)





Sarah Keller

blog comments powered by Disqus