Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Extraordinary Day in Taiwan

It's nice not to have jet lag.

The second day of CI has passed. Where has it brought us? What has it taught us? My day started exceptionally well, meeting my dear brother and sister-in-law Karen for STARBUCKS! I knew then that the rest of the day was going to be amazing. And it was.

We all went out with our accountability groups for devotions and lunch, mine found a place in the sun to sit, and then a lovely pizza place to eat at. I can't tell you how amazing it was to eat an ENTIRE pizza MYSELF! I know everyone was more then happy to be eating real, American tasting foods. Well, I was anyway. Never enough bacon, potato pizza baby!

Teacher training started off with an tre fabu Chinese class led by my most very favorite Chinese teacher, Grace Tseng! I've known her since the first year I came, and her teaching style never ceases to amazing and challenge me.and lunch, mine found a place in the sun to sit, and then a lovely pizza place to eat at. I can't tell you how amazing it was to eat an ENTIRE pizza MYSELF! I know everyone was more then happy to be eating real, American tasting foods. Well, I was anyway. Never enough bacon, potato pizza baby!

Dinner's highlight was watching Jonny eat WET seaweed.

Tonight's lessons centered around Self-Control and Authority. My favorite part was telling the kids that one way to control their eating was to eat more FRUIT! Because it's so HEALTHY! :-D I was lucky enough to get to be Maggie (MuoJi) in the skit, the parachute skit where you get to climb around on a ladder and pretend to fall and die! Oh, also break eggs.

The second story of the night was about Pharaoh. Jerry was Pharaoh and we got to watch him spew red water out of his mouth and get totally grossed out. And we learned that we need to obey God...the first time He tells us. It was cool to see my kids get the message, and for them to see the importance of obedience of God and authorities.

As the kids left tonight, their foamie frogs around their necks, my heart swelled with happiness and thankfulness that I get to be here with them. I get to be here in this place, with these people, where God is working.

Please continue to pray for the CI here. We have more then half the seminar left and need much prayer for strength and creativity for the rest of the week. Thanks and that's all from...




Naomi Kallberg

blog comments powered by Disqus