Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's All about Love

Good Night!

Today we started the CI in Hong Kong! This afternoon in teacher training, Jerry thought on how to love the children. The lesson was very good and brought our focus back to the children, our purpose for being here.

This message spoke to me and cut right to my heart. I have been asking the Lord to give me a loving heart for these children. Even the verse the Lord gave me in my quiet time this morning was on loving people.

The chapter that we discussed was 1 Corinthians 13. Jerry emphasized how it didn’t matter if all we did try to do was a big huge terrible mess. It didn’t matter if all we did was perfectly put together nothing went wrong and everything fell into place perfectly. If we don’t love these children we missed the point. It’s all in vain. It’s all a waste.

Well, tonight didn’t start out very good. I didn’t think I got the point across. Everything was pretty much a mess. Were the children listening at all?

Test 1: Rebekah, do you love these children?
Answer: Lord, only through You am I able to have these children. Everything seemed to go wrong, but in the end they know the answer to al the questions I asked. I believe tonight You were glorified in my weakness and helped me love the children and see them through Your eyes even when things didn’t always go right. Thank you, Lord, for Your help.






Rebekah Fisher

0 comments: