Saturday, January 31, 2009

His Power, My Weakness

“My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Cor 12:9a)

Saturday was our first full day of teaching. Most of the team had colds or coughs and everyone was tired. Our strength that we had at the beginning of the trip was fast running out and God had many opportunities to show His strength through our weakness.

One such instance stood out to me very clearly. All week the whole team had been praying for our kids that we could be able to reach out to them and to connect to the team. I had also been praying for my personal team that God would give Joy Clark, our translator, Tom, and I wisdom on how to build a relationship with the kids and how to draw them out.

In preparation for Saturday, I don’t actually recall giving to God the issue of how to relate to the children, but at some point I yielded it to Him in my spirit. Well, God loves to show Himself strong when we get out of the way! That day God provided opportunities to connect with the kids, especially the older students. God really opened our hearts and the hearts of the kids on our team and gave us the ability to reach out and connect with them.

“Most gladly will I rather glory in my affliction that the power of Christ might rest upon me.” (2 Cor 12:9b)










Laura Weaver

0 comments: