Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Adventure Begins

"“And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.”" (Isaiah 51:16)


Just waking up this morning made me realize how much I need God to place words in my mouth. Everything sounds like gibberish! Thankfully, with much patience of others who have been here before and a few lessons, my brain is slowly untangling and firming up from its state of pure mush. A few words are making sense, more than that, I am starting to hear the language, and such a beautiful one at that!

Today held much, from waking up to the sound of children headed off to school, to trying milk tea, from the beautiful mountain village we got to wander around with the most wonderful cappuccino, to having supper cooked right in front of me. As we walked, observed, ate, took pictures, nearly got hit by mopeds, shopped and just had fun, I saw that I was truly in a different country. People here seem to be rushing everywhere, searching for life, peace—things. Hoping beyond hope to find something to fill the hurt in their heart.


This evening as we all fought jet lag we took time to walk around the city praying and seeing what the Lord would show us, I began to understand. The Lord said unto Zion, “ Thou art my people.” I am part of Zion, for I belong to Jesus, but so many here do not. All are looking for the peace belonging to Jesus gives. And here I am, given the opportunity to show the way to find that peace; I have been given a great gift.

Our adventure in Taiwan is just beginning. All that it will hold is still unknown. As we continue on please pray that we will truly be a light shining on the path to belonging to Jesus. Pray that many will soon be part of Zion and that the people of Taiwan will truly see God as He is —the Lord of all creation.


Alana Miller

5 comments:

Laura Harris said...

I love you and am praying for you, Alana! Blessings to you all.

Laura M

Kaylene said...

So glad you're there and your adventure has begun! Praying for you all!

Anonymous said...

Dear Alana,

You don't know me,but I am your sister in Christ.I am writing from Ontario,Canada.You probably know or have met a young woman named Jessica on your team from Canada.Well,she is my friend and I just wanted to let you know that you are in prayers continually before the Throne of Grace.If you see her perhaps you could say hi for me.

May God show you His will for this whole team and mission trip.

Love in Christ,
Your Sister,
Ruth

God's Gal Sarah said...

I am praying for you, girl! You have a great opportunity to share the greatest message of all. What a blessing! May you have undying courage and strength. You are so special...never forget that!

Unknown said...

Hey thats mt BY jacket. I am wearing your Northwoods hodie now. Praying for you.
Love Sarah