Thursday, January 31, 2008

2008.01.29

Yesterday started with an alarm clock going off and me realizing it was very cold. But, forcing myself to face the frigidness, I got out of bed and prepared for the day. Bundling up, I went downstairs to find I was over bundled and outside was a lot warmer than my room. So, removing a layer, I stuffed it into my bag and headed off with my accountability team to catch the bus.

We rode to a little street, then walked to a restaurant called “The Diner.” It had a great brunch menu. When my French toast came, topped with fresh fruit, I was quite satisfied.


After eating we read Isaiah 62 and discussed the attributes of God displayed in the chapter. We also shared what commitments God was calling us to make. Isaiah 62:3 says, “You shall also be a crown of glory in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of your God.”


This verse shows me God's protective provision. He wants me to be a crown in His hand. But to be that I must be willing to be different. One of our first nights in Taiwan, we did a prayer walk around the city of Hsinchu and I felt God impressing on my heart Matthew 5:16, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”

God really spoke to me through this verse, and during our brunch yesterday morning, I realized that God was asking me to change 2 things:
1. I can't keep trying to look like everyone else if I'm going to be God's light and salt to this world. Light shines in the darkness. It doesn't hide in a corner.
2. I need to become like Paul in Philippians 4:11 and 19, “For I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content... And my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” I've always put the emphasize on the words “all your needs.” But I think Paul would have said, “My GOD shall supply...” It's not about the need; God must be my contentment.

Later on that day, we went to the church and met a group of Taiwanese home-schoolers. We did a huge relay race. It was really fun. And after we removed all the scuff marks from our exertion, we went to another room for a time of testimonies. Since most of us CI teachers are or were home schooled, we were able to share about our experience with the Taiwanese students. We encouraged them to see that God is working through their homeschooling to prepare them for their future.


Then, after dinner we started our second night of CI's. I have a great translator and team and it was a good night. One of the boys on my team, Enzo, and I got to be Adam and Eve in a skit. Then, when we returned to our small group time I was able to share with my team the Gospel. I think they understood it well.


Please pray that the truths the children are hearing would continue to sink into their hearts. Pray for the health and strength of the staff and team. Pray that the older CI children will be interested in what's going on and draw closer to God this week. Pray that the Basic Seminar will continue to touch the lives of the adults. And pray that the children and adults attending this seminar would grow to be greater lights in the city of Taipei, the country of Taiwan and the entire world.


—Anna Lukachick

0 comments: