Saturday, February 17, 2007

Time is Flying!

Wow, time is flying past! We have already finished our third seminar of the trip.

Usually the last day of a seminar is a full day from morning until evening, but today we started just at 1pm and went until night time which allowed us to sleep in a little later today than usual.
After rousing ourselves, we ate breakfast and had wisdom search. During wisdom search we had a discussion on sanctification which was really interesting and eye opening to me. Eventually we headed over to the church for the seminar.

This week has been full of blessings for me. I had great kids who were relatively obedient and two incredible translators to work with. My lessons seemed to go pretty smoothly this week, but even so, I still had a doubt in my mind as to whether my kids were really getting it or really understanding the lessons. So often I tend to focus on myself and my goals instead of God and what His goals and what He's accomplishing. Throughout the week God has been really working in my life in the area of faith and trust. Trusting Him with my future, with the kids I'm teaching, and in many other areas. He's been teaching me the importance of having to faith to let go and let God work in my life and the lives of the children. It's so much easier to talk about it than to actually live it out in my life.

This week God showed me that He is working in the lives of these children and teaching them in spite of my blindness. I was really encouraged, yet also ashamed at my own doubt, when yesterday two parents of my students came up to me and shared with me things that showed me that the children really were learning and God was really working in their lives. One parent shared that her children loved the seminar last year and that there attitudes towards each other were changed in a major way after the seminar. Because of this change she promised them they could come again this year even though she was really busy and couldn't make it to the seminar herself. God really is doing amazing things, I just need to trust Him and open up my eyes so I don't miss what He's doing!

When the seminar finished we said goodbye to our students and packed up our stuff. Then it came time to say goodbye to many of the translators. Soon we headed over to Shilin night market where we shopped, ate, and more. To finish off the night, Edie, Igloo, Karen, and I decided to get sticker pictures made which took so long that we had to make a mad dash to the MRT and barely made it... yes, it was a blast!!! Finally we headed back to the hotel where we said goodbye to many awesome staff people and translators that we had become close friends with during the past few weeks. I am really blessed to know them and so glad that God brought them into my life!!!!

Thank you so much for praying for us, it's a great encouragement to me and the team and it's amazing to see how God is answering!!! I can't wait to see what God has in store for our last seminar in Hong Kong!!

In Christ alone,

Amanda

0 comments: