Thursday, February 1, 2007

The Joy of Working with Kids

Today was filled with both struggles and joys. Since some of the struggles are better left off the web, it would be my please to share with you the joys of my day. This morning our group of teachers split into their accountability teams. We had wisdom search with our teams, and then ventured through Hsinchu in search of a good place to feed our hungry bodies. While some teams went to the sushi bar, I was grateful to learn that my accountability team would be eating lunch at the local steakhouse. On the corner of the steakhouse menu was printed: "please do not waste - 100NT will added for every person who has leftover food." By the end of the meal, some of us were quite full, but we did manage to all finish our plates.

Today was also the second day of the Hsinchu seminar. It seems that the more seminars I teach, the harder they become. I'm sure that must sound kind of funny. Naturally we would think that the more seminars you teach the easier they become. Yet, God finds a way through circumstances and challenges, to bring us character building experiences, at each and every seminar. Even with the challenges, teaching Children's Institutes in Taiwan has been, and continues to be one of the best experiences of my life. It is a real joy working with the kids. There are in fact, few greater joys in my life than being able to work with kids, knowing that I have been given an awesome chance to make a difference in their lives.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Pray that we can make a difference in these kids lives. Pray that the teachers stay healthy. And pray that God will use these children we teach to make a difference in their great country of Taiwan.

Josh Heath

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The page is looking great!! Thanks for the frequent updates; God has used them to really burden me for you guys, and the kids! You all will always be in my prayers! I just know God will do great things in Taiwan and Hong Kong this year!

Ephesians 3:20, 21

MOM said...

Hi Josh and Krystal! I love your webpage--your mom gave me the address. We are praying for you.
God Bless, Debbie Blakeslee and family

YC said...

Hi Josh,
I'm glad that I had a chance to make small changes to the kids with you. Praise God that I could see His work among us through the prayers for our team. I just want to tell you that everyday I felt you become a better teacher. I was really touched by the stories while translating for you. I believe the kids felt the same way because I could tell from their sparkling eyes. Thank you~
Tomorrow will be your last stop in Taiwan. Pray that God will give you guys strenghts and His power is with you all.
You all are in my prayers.

Ingrid Chen ^^