Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Start of Something New

We arrived in Kaohsiung at 3:30am, Sunday morning. A bed has never felt so good.

After a great breakfast, the group walked to the church where we will be doing the CI. We had our own worship service and Tim talked about the love of God.

We spent the afternoon at the Outdoor Café soaking up the sun and learning how to play Chinese get-to-know-you games.

In our accountability groups, we went on a prayer walk around the city. The lesson that God taught me was that if I was willing to look, I could see His face everywhere and spread his love to the people that He brings into my life.

For dinner, we went to this little place with good food, but I was more sleepy than hungry and I found it hard to pay attention. :)

After dinner, we spent time at the night market. If you have ever been to Mexico, it’s a lot the same...lots of people and lots of shops. Thanks for your prayers.






Smiles,
Alaina Carmen

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Lainy my Jainy!!! Thanks for posting . . . say hey to Nomes and don't go to sleep next time you find a good place to eat :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you caught up on your sleep:) We misses you madly:)

Lot's of Love, Jae